Last Updated: August 1, 2021
This website is operated by SurgmedTM (“Surgmed”)
The Website may contain links to other non-Surgmed websites. Surgmed is not responsible for the privacy practices or content of such other websites.
2. Type of Information Collected
Surgmed may collect information about you when you:
- Access the Website. Surgmed collects both aggregate and user-specific information on what web pages users access or visit, and information volunteered by the user, such as survey information and contest application information.
- Participate in any Surgmed marketing research. The information collected may include your name, address, telephone number, email address, date of birth, gender, income and facts regarding your consumer habits and preferences.
- Register to become a member of any Surgmed group, for example a Community or Direct database. The information collected may include your name, address, telephone number, email address, mobile phone number, date of birth, gender and facts regarding your consumer habits and preferences.
- Purchase or inquire about purchasing products. The information collected may include your name, address, company name, telephone number, fax number, email address and credit card information.
- Contact Surgmed with a complaint or request. The information collected may include your name, address, telephone number, email address, date of birth and facts regarding the complaint or request.
- Participate in any Surgmed contest or promotion. The information collected may include your name, address, telephone number, email address, mobile phone number, date of birth, gender, facts regarding your consumer habits and preferences, and facts relevant to the contest or promotion participation. Surgmed may employ third parties to collect your personal information on behalf of Surgmed for the purpose of administering contests, promotions and on-line activities. Such third parties are contractually bound to comply with all applicable privacy laws and this Policy.
3. Use of Personal Data
Surgmed may use your personal information to:
- identify you;
- improve the content of the Website and other Surgmed communications;
- contact you for marketing purposes;
- improve its products and services;
- process and ship your order for products;
- process your complaint or request.
By collecting this information, we can better understand how you interact with our Website; give you a more personal and optimized online experience by tracking your preferences; improve our Website; fulfill contracts with our business partners; help confirm receipt of and response to our e-mails; and provide more effective customer service.
Please note that certain features on the Website may not function if you do not accept Cookies. Therefore, please accept any Cookies that Surgmed sends to your computer. You can turn off the Cookie warning by selecting preferences or options from your browser’s menu, and turning off the warning toggle.
5. Use of Information
Surgmed is committed to keeping your information confidential. Except as set out below, Surgmed will not sell, transfer or disclose any of your personal information to any third party without your consent. Only a restricted number of Surgmed employees, and individuals and entities with whom Surgmed contracts to carry out business will have access to your Personal Data for the purposes described below.
Certain personal information may be disclosed to third parties solely for the purpose of processing or arranging delivery of your order or processing your complaint or request. Surgmed may also disclose your personal information to third parties who administer contests, promotions and on-line activities on its behalf. Surgmed may be required to provide your personal information in response to a search warrant or other legally valid enquiry or order, or to an investigative body in the case of a breach of an agreement or contravention of law, or as otherwise required by law. Surgmed may also disclose personal information to assist it in collecting a debt owed by you.
6. Website Security?
Surgmed has implemented appropriate and commercially reasonable administrative, technical, and physical security controls to manage the privacy of your information and the security of the Website. Still, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure and Surgmed cannot guarantee that your information is under absolute security with the existing security technology.
7. Contact Us
850 Halpern Ave.
Canada H9P 1G6
USA & Canada Toll Free 1.800.661.5432
Fax International: +1.514.631.9083
Email: [email protected]